Douglas Chiropractic Center

On the left is Devan, in the middle Doctor Bryan Douglas, and to the right is Ashley.

Sydney Douglas, Junior Reporter

I walked in the Douglas Chiropractic Center in Emporia, Kansas and I was greeted by the two assistants named Devan and Ashley.  This is my dad’s office, but I will give my honest opinion.  

The office is located 1331 W 6th Ave, Emporia, KS. 66801. The office is split with American Family Insurance.  When I stepped in Douglas Chiropractic Center, there’s a big counter with a little office behind it for another employee (Devan) to sit and do her work, with soft music playing.  The waiting room has about ten chairs to prevent cramping. When waiting, there’s a jumbo saltwater fish tank up against a rock wall and magazines to read.  The first door to the left is for new patients, where Doctor Bryan Douglas talks about what he does.  The second door to the left is the activating room, which is a mechanical table/bed to lay on to get adjusted (mechanical tool that he holds in his hands) with two chairs if you have family members that want to watch.  The only door to the right is for manual adjustments (he adjusts you by popping your body).  This is actually a new feature that he offers, because he was sending away too many patients that only like to be manually adjusted.  The third room to the left of his office where he does papers.  In the very back of the office is where people get adjustic stem.  This is where you’re hooked up to a machine and it kind of vibrates your tight muscles.  Every room is well-kept and roomy (isn’t cramped).  I would rate the space a five out of five stars!  

Since Douglas Chiropractic Center is a somewhat health-care center, the services need to be the best it can be.  This year you have to call a little earlier than usual because his son is in high school and does a lot of sports, so he has to take off early a lot to get to his away games on time.  The activator adjusting usually helps your muscle soreness and tightness go away after a few visits.  Sometimes the adjustment will hurt. It’s not a bad thing it just means your muscles are really tight.  If not, Dr. Douglas will suggest doing adjustic stem.  I don’t know too much about manual adjustments because I’m too nervous.  If you are really busy and can only come in one time that week, getting manually adjusted will do the trick in one session.  Overall, the adjustment services are splendid but, getting scheduled can be a little difficult so I rate the services a four point five out of five stars.

Employees are a big part in a small business.  If the employees are bad there’s a chance that you won’t be back anytime too soon.  That will not be the case at Douglas Chiropractic Center.  All of the employees and the boss are very friendly people.  The boss Bryan Douglas is caring, friendly, likable, and a family person.  You know he cares about the patient’s and his employees (I should know, I live with him).  The employees, Devan and Ashley (and sometimes my mom Lori Douglas) are bright, caring, likable and trustworthy people.  All of the employees try their hardest to get you what you need!  Overall the employees are very respectful people, rating them at a five out of five stars.

Douglas Chiropractic Center is a clean, friendly, and trustworthy business.  If you have muscle tightness or headaches, try Douglas Chiropractic center.  They will get you in tip-top shape in no time.  Overall, I would rate this business as a five out of five stars!