EMS Sound

The Top Five Christmas Movies Of All Time

The 5 movies I talked about

The 5 movies I talked about

The 5 movies I talked about

Charity Kienast, Contributor

It is about that time of year again when houses are decorated with bright lights and beautiful decorations! That’s right, it’s Christmas time! What is Christmas without Christmas movies? Since I love Christmas movies, I thought I would write about the top 5 Christmas Movies of all time!

1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

This movie was released in 1989. A really good thing about National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is that it’s really funny and exciting to watch. The National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is about a husband that wants to give his family the perfect Christmas. He tries everything he can to make all of it perfect, but nothing seems to go his way.

1. It’s A Wonderful Life

“After George Bailey (James Stewart) wishes he had never been born, an angel (Henry Travers) is sent to earth to make George’s wish come true. George starts to realize how many lives he has changed and impacted, and how they would be different if he was never there” (w.imdb.com/title/tt0038650/). This movie explains everything you need to know if you ever wonder why you were born. The main story is that we all have our reasons to be alive and we all impact someone’s life. Even if you don’t know it, you can make someone’s day by just having a conversation with them.

1. Home Alone

In Home Alone an eight-year-old boy named Kevin was acting up right before a big trip to Paris his family was going on. Then he gets into big trouble and his mother sends him to sleep in the attic. The next day when they are leaving  for the trip they forget Kevin. Throughout the movie it shows how Kevin takes care of himself and about how robbers try to get in his house.

1. A  Christmas Story

“This beloved holiday movie follows the wintry exploits of youngster Ralphie Parker (Peter Billingsley), who spends most of his time dodging a bully”   (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/). While he is trying to avoid the bully Christmas is right around the corner and Ralphie already knows exactly what he wants. He wants a Red Ryder air rifle,  but his mother will not let him get it because she said that he will shoot his eye out with it. When he wakes up Christmas morning he ends up getting the B.B gun and shoots his glasses off his face.

1. Elf

Buddy was accidentally sent to the North pole as a toddler and grew up thinking that he was a elf. He was raised as an elf and then the head elf tells him he isn’t really an elf but Buddy doesn’t understand. Then he goes to New York to see his real dad. Buddy still didn’t completely know that he wasn’t an elf and while he is in New York he causes some real trouble for not only him but everyone else.

In conclusion, Elf is my favorite Christmas movie out of these 5 movies. Christmas is a wonderful holiday and it has a lot of meanings. Christmas is not just about presents or decorations but it is mainly about being with family and having fun.