EMS Sound

My First Dog

Back to Article
Back to Article

My First Dog

My dog Lola

My dog Lola

My dog Lola

My dog Lola

Tucker Hill, Jr. Reporter

I woke up on April 19, 2015, and little did I know that my life was forever going to change. On that bright and sunny Sunday, my family and I went to Seneca Kansas for our first dog. That day we picked up a beautiful English Bulldog puppy.

I woke on Sunday and thought it was a normal day so I slowly walked down our old creaky stairs to the living room. When I got to the couch and sat down my mom said that we were getting a dog. The first thing I said was, “What type of dog?” She said a bulldog. After she told me I was so excited I felt like I was going to explode with happiness. So after we told my sister, we all got ready and headed off to Seneca Kansas.

On our way up we were all thinking of cute names that would be our dog’s name. When we pulled up to the place I will never forget the feeling of the adrenaline and the happiness that overwhelmed me was amazing. As we walked through the doors you could hear the bulldogs bark and then here comes Pixie the bulldog we were picking up. Pixie was the runt of her litter and she was the tiniest puppy I have ever seen. And as Pixie was jumping around barking we paid the breeder and made sure she was AKC approved then we started home. As we were heading home we decided the new name for Pixie was Lola.

One of the best things about having a dog is that they are always by your side. Dogs are the greatest friends especially when you are having a tough day. The downside is if they are not potty trained they can be a pain in the butt. No matter how many problems and all the struggles there are I wouldn’t trade Lola for the world.