Featured Student: Ethan Rhudy

Amiyah Russell, Contributor

Today I am interviewing Ethan Rhudy here at Emporia Middle School to find out more about a 7th grader’s life. I want to show that each student has their own individuality and there’s more to know about them than what they show at school; to give them a voice.

Thank you so much for allowing me to interview you today so my first question is, how do you feel about 7th grade so far? Its so epic and I like the World Studies [class]. What do you want to do when you leave the middle school? [To] Go to the High School. In your near future where do you hope to be in life and why? [A] 3D developer/youtuber [because] they are intriguing. Do you play any sports or have any hobbies? I am in cross country and baseball and track and soccer, I also like to read and write. I lead some cub scouts at Village, and lastly my passion is microwave burritos. What are your favorite classes this year? I like P.E and World Studies. How do you feel about lunchtime (the food, where you sit, and overall?) I feel like lunch is awesome and I have a lot of friends and like most of the food. What’s your favorite restaurant? My favorite restaurant is Coaches because of their swiss bacon burger. What would you change about the world? If anything could be changed in the world it would [be] war; war is tearing this country apart. I think also that we need healthier food in MCDONALDS because it makes you fat and spoiled. What advice do you have for new 6th graders? To keep away from late work and missing homework.

Thank you so much for allowing me to interview you. I found out some new things about you I would’ve never guessed!  I hope you have the best year in 7th grade!