Emporia Middle School Student Pep Rally

Emporia Middle School Student Pep Rally

Aiden Webster, Contributor

In this story, I will be describing events that happened in the most recent Emporia Middle School pep rally. In my opinion, it was really fun! Here are some other people’s opinions. “I really liked the dance battle between the staff, because it was funny”(Heath Davey, Student) “My favorite part would have to be the dance battle because my dad [Mr. Skiles] was there with an afro and he was really going at it”(Aiden Skiles).

Events that happened in the pep rally were:  A dance off, coaches talking about their team’s, Spirit Squad, congratulating students, the band team performing and at the end the principal talking about the 2nd trimester.

When the dance off happened, three staff members were chosen to dance: Mr Skiles, Mr Young and Mr. Reed. The dance off started and some songs came on. When the staff started dancing, the crowd went wild and it was hilarious. One of them started doing the sprinkler and another started dabbing. At the end there was no winner, but they were all congratulated.

After that the coaches started talking about their teams. There were girls basketball and wrestling. There was also StuCo, but that isn’t a sports team. Spirit squad starting dancing while the band was performing “Eeh, it was pretty good.”(Aaron Thomsen). Then the teachers went on to congratulate the students.

Then the principal started to talk about the 2nd trimester and the progression we’ve made in the 1st one. He said that we did really good and we should always try to do better. When it was time to leave, every grade did there chant. Then all the classes lined up and went home. I can’t wait for the next one!