Should Students Have to Wear Uniforms

Students in Uniforms

Students in Uniforms

Aubrey Williams, Jr. Reporter

Should students have to wear school uniforms, what do you think? Well, I say no and here are some reasons why. First, uniforms aren’t cheap. Secondly, students can’t express themselves when they wear uniforms. Finally, I will tell you some of the United State’s procedures for uniform wearing in school districts.

As I told you earlier, uniforms aren’t cheap and I will provide some evidence to support this claim. When you go back to school you have to buy more uniforms, uniforms which can cost up to $275 per child and some people can not afford that. Also, each time your child becomes older you have to buy even more school uniforms which is costly. Secondly, it costs more money to buy school uniforms than regular school clothes. This is because some stores will not have the uniforms or there will be limited supplies which will raise the price on your child’s clothes. In conclusion, it is more expensive to buy uniforms than regular school clothes.

If your child has to wear uniforms, they will not be able to express themselves, or in other words express their sense of style. If you or your child has to wear a uniform, then all you will wear all year is the same uniform which can get very boring quite quickly. 58% of students say that they can not express there since of creativity when they have to wear uniforms. That is why if you wear a uniform you will not be able to express yourself.

Finally, there are already rules for how kids can dress in school. For starters, younger kids in the United States are more likely to have a uniform policy than older kids who are not in grade school. Almost 57% of public schools have a strict dress code and or uniform policy already.  Likewise, in a lot of the public schools, there are strict dress codes, which involve not being able to wear clothes with holes which some students can’t avoid. This means that are already enough rules on how you can dress and we don’t need any more.

This is why students should not have to wear uniforms. This is because you can’t express yourself when you wear uniforms. Also, it is very expensive especially if you have more than one child. As well as, there are already enough rules on how you can dress and we don’t need any more. Hopefully we will never have to deal with uniforms here at EMS.