EMS Sound

Should Kids Have Chores?

Ethan Rhudy, Jr. Reporter

Should Children Have Chores?

Intro:

Children all over the world have a chore list, and maybe you do too. This is all about whether it is justified to take a kid’s time to make them do a job around the house, or not to…. It’s your choice world!

Boooring.

Some chores are tedious, and not fun to do, and the only reason that you do not do it is keeping your phone. Also, some chores are kind of unwanted and gross. you always want to just walk away every time you have to complete those chores like cleaning the toilet, or cleaning the cat’s litter box. Last point: some chores are complex and have a precise order and, then you get distracted to that random cat sitting across the street and mess up.

DANGER!!

Sometimes, a child’s  chores can be dangerous at some points, and maybe your parents will be second-guessing that chore after reading this. First hazard: Blades. Sure it’s fun cutting random stuff to ribbons with your pocket knife, but slashing your leg open with a lawnmower is not. Another danger to chores is falling objects, imagine you are putting your clothes away in your dresser as it topples over onto you…. not cozy. Third scenario is being sick while doing chores. So, you have a stomach bug and you move your 300 pound bed while cleaning your room, trust me it’s happened to me before.

Freedom!

Kids need to live their young lives as much as possible as they say, YOLO. Chores take up a lot of time and sometimes don’t leave any playtime. Kids need playtime as far as I’m concerned. Lastly, childhood does not last long chores can stress kids out and they won’t concentrate on having fun in life.

Summary

Chores have many downsides, yet they do teach life lessons like responsibility, and time management. As well, chores are sometimes hazardous and can cause some real damage to you. Chore seem to be a bad thing and can hurt or get you sick.