Can There Be An Advanced Language Arts Class?

Lenia Crouch, Editor

There is an advanced math class here at EMS, but why not an advanced Language Arts class? Today I am going to be telling you why we should start an advanced Language Arts class at EMS.

First of all, this would benefit many students. A lot of students that I talk to, say that they wish they were challenged more in the Language Arts classroom. I think this is definitely true, and that they haven’t reached their full potential. If there was an advanced language arts class, then these students would be able to grow their brains, knowledge, and potential. This also might benefit them in highschool because, they will know how to better handle homework. A lot of classes now don’t have much or any homework, but in high school there is a lot. This will definitely help them prepare for the future.

Secondly, this would be very easy for the school to achieve. All they have to do is, find a teacher, get them a classroom, and find students for the class! Finding a teacher shouldn’t be that hard since Emporia State University commonly produces teachers. Secondly, they need to find a classroom. The EMS is already a little low on rooms which you can read in my other story at the bottom. Maybe the public would support us (financially) in expanding the building. This would make the school more spacious, and give all the classes the room they need. Finally, they would need to find students to fill the class. They would do it the same as they do the advanced math “interview”. This would be fairly simple, and within a few years max, the future students at EMS could possibly have an advanced Language Arts class!

Lastly, this would make school more enjoyable for students. When you are not academically challenged in the classroom, they often get bored or stop showing effort. If they were challenged, this would make school fun for them. I definitely would love this, and think many other students would also. School isn’t always fun, and often even has a negative reputation that comes with it. If in Emporia we could switch this, that would be amazing! I hope that there might someday be this class!

Above, I listed why we should start having an advanced Language Arts class here at EMS. I think students would enjoy school more, it’s easy to achieve, and it would benefit students tremendously. I hope that the administrators will consider this, and maybe we will someday have an advanced Language Arts class here at EMS.