If I Woke Up In England

Some British snacks

Lucia Hernandez, Contributor

I’ve always been interested in going to England mostly because my mom lived there for four years for the military. I enjoy listening to her talk about what it was like in England. I also read Harry Potter, and that’s also part of the reason I’d like to go, because in the book you were able to apparate, or teleport. Waking up there would be really cool and I would love to go look around and see everything I can do while I’m there.

If I woke up in England, I would be really surprised. But also I’ve read a lot of books and watched a lot of movies and shows so I would just go along with it. I would probably go outside and make sure I know where exactly I am and try to fit in so nobody would suspect me. Maybe I could also try to act like I have a British accent.

If everything that happened was my choice, then I would have a school close to me and already have the uniform so I could go and pretend like I was a new student. I’d make friends with people who live in England even though I’d probably never see them again if it’s a dream. If it isn’t a dream, then I have friends to hang out with for the rest of my time there. Also, I would like to see what kinds of things are taught and what the school system is like.

After school, I would go and have my new friends take me to try snacks from a marketplace with a lot of different kinds of foods like pork pies, crumpets, and Galaxy minstrels. The place would look peaceful and we would have a good time. Maybe after I’d go to a mall and get a lot of clothes and stuff so I can look cool for the rest of my time in England. Maybe more people would approach me thinking I’m a cool person.

If you ever decide to go to England, or maybe you wake up there, you can click here to help you out. Also, did you know that in England you can’t get drunk in English pubs? If you want to know even more fun facts about England, you can go to this website and find some more. Well, time to leg it, I hope you have a good day.