Should Homework Be Banned?

Do you ever feel like your drowning in homework?

Peyton Chanley, Contributor

Have you ever felt like you are drowning in homework? Say homework wasn’t handed out anymore. Imagine how different school would be. Is it possible that homework shouldn’t be handed out? Homework can cause stress, depression, exhaustion and anxiety. It also takes away time spent with family and friends. And takes the enjoyment out of school. Is homework really worth it?
According to bhsowls.org, homework, over a certain time limit can cause stress, depression, anxiety, lack of sleep, and more. This means that students simply aren’t in their best state of mind, which could eventually set the students up for failure in other academics, as well as school.
According to certain scientists observing all this, homework is taking away little things in life. Teachers are so focused on that one class, they are forgetting students have 5 or 6 more. Not to mention extra curricular activities and family and friends who would like to hang out.
Homework takes the enjoyment out of school. According to Teenink.com Not only is homework time consuming for students. Teachers also have to take the time to grade homework. Students spend enough of their day at school. When they come home, they should be free to dump the school bag and get busy doing non academic stuff.
Homework takes the fun out of school. It also causes students to not be in the best state of mind. And homework is taking away time that should be spent doing other things. So I ask again. Is homework really worth it?