Five Of The Best Girl Sports

Some of the equipment used in girls sports.

Sidney B'Hymer, Contributor

Did you know that over 3.2 million girls play sports in high school? That means that they probably did sports in middle school too. If you don’t know what sports to do, then here are the top 5 sports for girls to play in middle school.

Number five of the best five-girl sports is softball because you learn leadership skills. Also, it helps you learn it is okay to fail. When you get a strike out you have another turn at the next batting. Also, there are many different positions on the field so you have many choices.

Number four of the best five-girl sports is gymnastics because you can get strong and develop amazing balance and coordination. Also, you can be amazing at one event and not be as good at another event and that is ok because you can learn new skills and learn how to move past it.

Number three of the best five-girl sports is Basketball because you get very strong in all parts of your body. You can be very creative and have a good time. Also, you can play it at any age which makes it a better sport.

Number two of the best five-girl sports is volleyball because you get good hand-eye coordination. It also makes you get a good high vertical if you are a hitter. There are many positions on the court so you have many options.

Number one of the best five-girl sports is soccer because your legs get very strong if you are a field player. But, if you are a goalie, your legs and arms get very strong. You become a very good teammate over the time you spend on the field because you can’t do everything alone. Also, you play in plenty of positions and can be very free and creative.

You could be one of the 3.2 million or you could make it even more if you join. If you are not interested in one of those, here are some more sports that you can do: track, tennis, golf, cross country, and spirit squad. Any sport works as long as you are having fun and making new friends.