EMS Sound

The Day I got Destiny 2

Destiny warlock logo

Destiny warlock logo

Destiny warlock logo

Aaron Thomsen, Contributer

I’ve always loved to play video games, one of my favorite video games was Destiny 1, and on September 6, 2017 the Bungie team finally came out with the new and improved….Destiny 2!!

One day we were celebrating my grandma and my mom’s birthday. We celebrated them on the same day because it was cheaper and because their birthdays are only 3 days apart. We celebrated for about 3 hours, my 2 brothers that had moved out, Collin and Dylan both came to my house to celebrate. Collin lives in Kansas City and Dylan lives in Emporia and my other brother Ryan lives with me and my mom but he has his computer at Dylan’s apartment. We all had cake when Collin said that he would buy me Destiny 2. I was really excited to know that he would that day because Ryan and Dylan both had it as well and all of my other friends, Paul, Ryan Hernandez and Kory had it as well.

I didn’t ever get to play with them anymore because they were so stuck on Destiny 2 and I didn’t have it so I couldn’t play with them. He bought it for me at the end of the party. When it finished downloading Collin was back home. We all got on Destiny 2 but, I realized that I wouldn’t be able to play with them until I get to a high enough level. In Destiny 2 if you are level 5 and the enemy is level 15 they would be much stronger than you so because all of my brothers are level 20 (The max level). If i tried to play a mission with them I would not be able to kill the enemies and end up being a burden to my team.

After about 20 hours I finally got to level 20! This took me almost half of the weekend to do! My brother owns a clan named Moria Kleos. I asked him if I could join It and he let me because I could actually play with them now. Destiny 2 ended up being one of my favorite games ever just like Destiny 1. I think that Bungie (Destiny 2 Creator) does a really good job making games. After about 40 hours of playing Destiny 2 I was finally done with the weekend and had to go to school. I still play it after school a lot. In Destiny you can really never beat the game. There is always something to do and enemies to defeat or you can go online and fight against other player in battles on different planets.