How Would Students Change The School, If it Was Possible

+++++Cadence+Poses+with+%0A+++++++++++++++Amiyah++

Cadence Poses with Amiyah

Aubrey Williams, Contributer

How would students change the way the school is run, if they had the choice? So I thought I might interview a kid from EMS. Cadence Butler is a great choice in this interview because she uses a variety of components in her answers, and is an overall extraordinary person.

Principals:

If I was the Principal for a day I would make all of the rules go away, [ we would have a free reign day ]  yeah you could do whatever you want you can leave [or] not go to school [at all] we [would] have a party with food lots of food. I would let us have more lunch time, [as well as] a longer “recess” time with equipment we could play on. [ They are handling the punishments well ] sometimes but sometimes they don’t listen to the students, and they’re just rude.

School/After School:

School is not a nice place, the only good thing about school is seeing my friends. I don’t really love school, I hate school, but if I had to I would say that I like to see my friends. World Studies or band, [these are my favorite] I like band because I can be as loud as I want when I play the drums.  I plan on doing Rotary [ after school] Rotary is [where we help people] and do different projects. Like last year at lunch we sold popsicles and donated the money.

Classes:

So far 7th grade has been nice because I like all of my classes and the people in my classes. Math and Advisory, If I could change anything about advisory it would be that we could leave whenever we [would like to].   I think that it’s nice right here at this spot because [ the lunch time is at the time] when everyone gets starving.

Finishing Questions:

[Why do we have rules?] So that they can keep us in line and they don’t trust us. Yes, yes we should have more freedoms. I think that we should be allowed to do more [things] in class than what we are doing some teachers just don’t give up control, because they are afraid to give up the control [because] once they lose control they lose us. So they won’t let us do absolutely anything.

In conclusion I think that a multiple of students would probably change a lot about the way school is now. Cadence did a very good job on providing me with these answers. The fact that probably multiple of the students would change the way we learn and do things here at school. Maybe the school should change things around. I do understand that some things can’t change, but the things they could change should change.