KU Basketball Game

This is a picture that I took of the big screen at Allen Feild House!

Kaylee DeWitt, Editor

On February 17, 2020, the KU basketball team played the Iowa State Cyclones. A ton of people arrived that day to watch them play because they knew it would be a really intense game to watch.

It was filled with thousands of people. The band was by far the best I have ever heard. Some reasons why the band was so good is because they were all in sync and had amazing spirit throughout the whole game. Another thing that everyone there for sure saw or heard was their student section because they were all matching and had so many signs of the players. Some of them even painted different parts of their bodies! All of this really intimidated the cyclones through the whole game. Especially when KU got a dunk. Everyone went crazy and threw things in the air like towels and confetti, which really hyped all the players up and encouraged them to work harder.

The game was very fast-paced and intense. It was crazy to watch every single player on each team work together and play their hardest the entire game. The final score in the game was 91-71 KU. Obviously, as you can tell the Cyclones are no match for KU. Last year KU was doing the best they have done in a while. They had a lot of players that went to the NBA.

I had the opportunity to talk to Melaine DeWitt. Her favorite thing about the game was the energy in the crowd when KU scored. It was full of straight joy and pure excitement. Anyone that was there definitely had an amazing time. Kaylee DeWitt, a fan at the game said,” I definitely will come back next time. That was the most joyful and intense game I have ever been to.”

I personally had an amazing time. Before the game, I gotta meet all the players and see them go onto the court. I even got to take pictures with some of their best players. For example one of the players I got to take a picture with was Udoka Azubuike.  One of the best players at the time. This by far was the best sports game I have ever been to.